Sunday, February 05, 2006

HONORABLE MENTIONS 2005
2005 has been quite a good year for movie. I posted a list of top ten films of 2005 but it only limited me to ten choices, so I decided that I would put up a list of films that were good but didn't make my list due to a lack of space. So here they are...

CAPOTE directed by Bennett Miller
- I saw this film yesterday and it was really, really good. The plot was well developed and the acting was very well done. Philip Seymour Hoffman definently deserves an Oscar for his role as Truman Capote, the writer who wrote the classic non-fiction novel In Cold Blood. If I would have seen this film before I made my list it would have ranked very high.
CORPSE BRIDE directed by Tim Burton and Michael Johnson
- For looking great and for having a funny story in the fashion that only Tim Burton can tell them.
CRASH directed by Paul Haggis
- For taking on all sorts of stereotypes that exist and are believed in our world today and showing how they effect people just like us.
JARHEAD directed by Sam Mendes
- For taking the look into the life of a soldier that you usually don't see in films.
KUNG FU HUSTLE directed Stephen Chow
- For being incredibly entertaining and hilarious. This was one of the finest kung fu films that I have ever seen.
SIN CITY directed by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller with Quentin Tarantino
- For proving that it is possible to directly adapt a graphic novel like the amazing Sin City to the big screen. Also, for being so visually stunning, and thirdly for setting a new bench mark for the genre of comic book films.
THE WEATHER MAN directed by Gore Verbinski
- For giving a glimpse into the life of a man who seems to have no good luck what so ever, and for being incredibly memorable and well acted.
WEDDING CRASHERS directed by David Dobkin & THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN directed by Judd Apatow- For making me laugh so hard it hurt.

That is the list of other good films this year. If I have forgotten to put a few down it is because either I haven't seen them yet or that I forgot about them(be sure to leave a comment telling me in either case).
I will also say that I plan to put up the list of films that I saw in the month of January. I shall also put up a list of my Oscar picks and predictions for the up-coming Academy Awards and I believe that I will take my friends opinion and post a list of the films that I am most looking forward to in 2006. I will be sure to post again soon.

-Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home