Monday, October 09, 2006

UPDATES
Good day, it's been a while since last. I thought I'd tell of the recent happenings in my life. Here they are...

-I went to see The Departed and it is excellent, one of my favorite films of 2006.
-I am in the middle of reading Watchmen by Alan Moore and I really like it. I hope to be finished it soon.
-I took Batman Hush and Batman: The Long Halloween out from our school's library and plan on reading them after I finish Watchmen. I'm sure they will be great.
-I picked up the Criterion Collection of Three Films by Louis Malle. It is excellent. It comes with Murmur of the Heart; Lacombe, Lucien; Au Revoir Les Enfants and tons of special features.
-I also picked up the Criterion Collection of The Complete Mr. Arkadin by Orson Welles. It is also excellent and comes with all versions of the film.
-I picked up the Criterion Collection of the new version of Seven Samurai by Akira Kurosawa. It is excellent as well and also comes with tons of special features.
-I recently picked up The Information, the new album by Beck. I really like it and I like the fact that it comes with a DVD of videos for every song plus a set of stickers for you to design your own cover.
-I recently completed my movie review essay of JFK for History class. The film is excellent and I think I did good on the assignment.
-Also recently I viewed Divorce Italian Style, a film by Pietro Germi. It is hilarious and stars frequent Fellini actor Marcello Mastroianni.
-Also, I plan to post all my summer movie journals which I had failed to do over the summer due to the fact that I was in Europe.


-Alex

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Aren said...

You are starting to own too many Critereon films. I can't keep up.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Long Halloween is probably my favourite Batman graphic novel thus far... next to Frank Miller's Year One. I still have to read Hush though; from what I've seen it looks like awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home