Friday, March 03, 2006

ALMOST FAMOUS
I have been on the hunt for the Almost Famous Bootleg Cut (which I couldn't help noticing that you had Anders) for quite some time now only to come across despair in realizing that it has been discontinued. Almost Famous is one of my favorite films and, in my opinion, the best film by Cameron Crowe. The scene on the bus when the everybody is singing along to "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John is just amazing and it is my favorite part of the film. I read a review that went as follows "Depending on when you walk in, Almost Famous is either a coming-of-age drama; a love story; an often funny but sometimes painful look at the bonds of family; or a celebration of the glorious, liberating intoxication of rock & roll". This quote rings true because this film has all of those elements and they are all done very well. This was more than just a good rock & roll movie, it was also a really good movie. I would recommend this film to anyone who hasn't yet seen it. I really wanted this DVD to add to my collection but it seems that it is virtually unattainable for me now. The bootleg cut contains more than 30 minutes of new footage (which you may or may not have seen from the picture that I posted above), along with the theatrical version of the film and a lot more special features. It also contains a Stillwater CD. I suppose that I will have to settle for the regular theatrical version of the film rather than the director's cut (which is something that I rarely, if ever do). Well that will be all that I'll say today. I will probably end up purchasing the regular version since the bootleg cut seems to be out of my reach but I believe that I'll check around on Amazon.com before I quit looking. I'll leave you with a picture of the cover of the regular DVD because it's pretty cool. Until next time...



-Alex

P.S. I forgot to mention that I am going to Good Night And Good Luck tonight at 7:00 pm. It opened at Broadway Theater instead of my choice which would have been Pacific Cinema, but it doesn't really matter as long as I finally get to see this movie. I have been waiting a long time for this to come to our city because we get a lot of films later than other cities. I have heard great reviews and am looking forward to it.

-On another note if you are reading this please write me a comment because I haven't had one in a while. Thanks.






5 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Blogger Anders said...

Yes, I do have it. And as much as it pains Aren, this is one of my favourite movies of all time. ;)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Alex said...

I really love it as well. I have hunted down a copy on Amazon.com. It costs $60.00, so as soon as I can come up with the money I'll order it.

It's too bad Elizabethtown wasn't as good as was hoping.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Aren said...

Man, it really pissed me off that Good Night, and Good Luck wasn't showing at Broadway last night. Why does stuff like this always happen to me? Anyway, hopefully I can go tonight.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Aren said...

Also, Alex you should make a top twenty movie list at ymdb. It gives you the ability to show other people what you consider to be the best movies. You should start it up.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Alex said...

I think that I will do that I will do that, Aren. I believe the top movie will be Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi because it is my favorite in the Star Wars saga and probably my favorite film of all time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home