Sunday, March 05, 2006

THIS IS SPINAL TAP/
ACADEMY AWARDS/
GOOD NEWS
I picked up a copy of This Is Spinal Tap special edition (although it's not that special because it seems to be the only version available) today. It only cost me about ten dollars, so it was quite cheap. I really love this classic "rockumentary". It is one of my favorite films about music. I originally wanted to buy the Criterion Collection of the film but it is out of print so it is virtually impossible to find (although I did find a copy of it on Amazon.com but it cost one hundred dollars! Which is a ridiculous price to pay seeing as it is only one disc and before it went out of print it was only $39.99, which is pretty expensive as well. Another thing is that the special features weren't too different from the regular special edition version of the film). This version has commentary by the stars in character, something that the Criterion didn't have. Along with commentary, this film has over an hour and a half of special features such as deleted scenes, interviews and trailers.





Also, tonight is the Academy Awards. It will be exciting to see how close my predictions were. Although Brokeback Mountain will most likely clean up, it will be fun to see what other films win. I will definently tune in because I watch the Oscars every year. Sadly for Munich, (the rightful winner) there is no doubt in my mind that Brokeback Mountain will win Best Picture. Another thing that I am looking forward to tonight is Jon Stewart hosting because he is a very funny person and I think he will do a good job. A quick note: if Ang Lee wins best director he will be the first non-white male to win the prize EVER. All in all, it should turn out to be a good night of great films.




The good news is that I have found a copy of the bootleg director's cut edition of Almost Famous on Amazon.com! I plan on purchasing it as soon as I can get about twenty more dollars. I am looking forward to getting it because I haven't seen the extended cut before and I really like Almost Famous (as you have probably seen from the last post I made).

That is all I have to say for today. I'll post again if there are anymore updates (most likely after the Oscars to tell how close my predictions were).

-Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home