Monday, March 20, 2006

NEWS/REVIEW
Some belated good news for Star Wars fans like myself: there is going to be a Star Wars television show in 2008. The program will chronicle Luke Skywalker's life between Episode III and IV. I find this to be great news because I am a huge fan of all the Star Wars films and this show sounds very cool.

In other news there will be a fourth installment in the Indiana Jones series. After years and years of work Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford are finally happy with the script and plan to begin shooting soon. Although no release date is scheduled as of now, Ford said it is most likely to come out of within the next two years. This is good news because the Indiana Jones films tend to be good (did you see Raiders Of The Lost Ark? It is excellent) and Steven Spielberg is probably the most consistent director in Hollywood.

-These are both good stories I heard in the last week or so. I can't wait to see how they turn out.




FREEDOM! FOREVER!
The review I mentioned earlier was of the recent V For Vendetta, which I saw on Thursday, March 16th at 10:00 pm (opening night). Seeing as I am a fan of the graphic novel I had some what high standards for the film and, in my opinion, it lived up to them. I found the film to be quite good. I especially enjoyed the shots that took place at Larkhill, I thought that they were very well made and accurate to those of the graphic novel. I have been looking forward to this movie for a while and it was a relief to say that, all in all, it wasn't a disappointment. Another thing that I liked about this film was that they didn't attempt to change the story too much from the original, just enough to keep it interesting and exciting to the readers of the graphic novel. I would definently recommend this film to fans of the graphic novel, or just someone who is looking to see a good movie in theaters. I say this because, let's face it, this is pretty much the only good film playing in theaters now, That is unless you find joy in films like The Shaggy Dog, which, by the way, I do not.

-Alex

P.S. Some bad news for me and the other fans of Jeff Goldblum: he has signed on to do a pilot for NBC entitled "Seeing Red". The show casts Goldblum as a cop who is able to speak to the dead in order to solve the crimes which caused their deaths. This sounds extremely similar to a few shows that are already on TV, plus the concept doesn't sound too strong. It is too bad that a fine actor like Jeff Goldblum could go from starring in the great Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou to doing these kinds of shows. He deserves much better roles than this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home